JustNey is a place where I can be completely free and creative and basically share what I love, which is Beauty, Lifestyle, Hair and every now and then my #TruthBeTold moments. I love connecting with people through writing and beauty, and my blog is a space where I can do that.
1. How did you first get into blogging?
Honestly, my best friend. I’ve always been into beauty and fashion and everything that came with that, and one day my bestie randomly asked me, why I don’t just start a blog, seeing that I love writing etc. and shortly after I created my blog, I got invited to write about this fashion show, and I guess that’s when I realized, This is what I wanted to do.
2. How often do you blog?
Whenever I get a chance or whenever there’s something I’d like to share with my readers.
3. Where do you find inspiration to blog?
I get inspired by everything that’s around me, whether it’s the weather, people, music or just the way I feel, it inspires me.
4. Who is your style icon?
5. Have you met anyone interesting/famous on your blogging journey?
Lira, Shekinah to name a few
6. What is your favourite beauty/fashion magazine?
7. What are some of your current fashion and beauty obsessions?
Fashion- Anything sheer (hides face)
Beauty- Dark Lips with neutral eye and face make-up
8. Who is your celebrity crush?
9. Coffee or tea?
I should be saying tea but then I’ll feel like I’m cheating on my second love which is coffee so lets just say both 🙂
10. Favourite Olsen?
11. Heels? Or flats?
It depends on the mood, but lately I’ve been in flats most of the time.
12. Favourite MAC Lipstick colour?
13. What are your go to beauty products?
Concealer & Mascara
14. What is the one thing you will never leave the house without?
My phone (I’ll feel too bare without it)
15. How many tattoos do you have? And what do they mean?
It means Infinite faith, to remind me to never lose faith in God.
16. What is your favourite quote?
Be fearless in what sets your soul on fire
17. What is one thing your readers would be surprised to hear about you?
I’m into comic books and I’m a marvel nerd
18. Who is your favourite local (South African) blogger?
Aisha Baker & Nadia Jaftha
19. What would you say is your biggest blogging challenge, and how do you overcome it?
Creating content on a daily/weekly basis especially when it is something you do part time. I honestly post whenever I can and keep my social media pages updated as most of my readers follow me there.
20. What advice would you give someone who wants to start a blog?
Just Start! Don’t put it off and blog about things you love.
Always be honest as your readers will connect with you through what you write.
Never be afraid to be vulnerable and to show your readers your soul.
*Thank you Charne for appearing in this guest feature.