ABOUT TARYN: As a Business Blogger I use my blog as a platform for entrepreneurs and start-ups alike, to share their stories and journeys of what it takes to start and maintain a business. This in turn allows entrepreneurs to showcase their businesses and share with others their passion for what they do.
As a Lifestyle Blogger I use my blog to share my favourite events, travel destinations, theatre productions and so much with my readers. This allows them to get to know the person behind the blog on a personal level. My ultimate goal is to inspire my readers to go after their dreams, goals and hearts desires.
Being a Content Creator allows me to write and share articles on related topics required by that specific publication. I am currently a Contributing Writer for online magazine, Swirl Magazine.
1. How did you first get into blogging?
As a person who loves writing I was looking for a platform where I could express myself freely and be able to share that with others. Starting a blog was the perfect way to do that.
2. How often do you blog?
I aim to post at least twice a month. Sometimes I do 3 blog posts in a month, but it really all depends on how busy that particular month is.
3. Where do you find inspiration to blog?
I draw inspiration from people around me as well as from my surroundings. South Africa is a beautiful and diverse country from our people, to the businesses, food, clothing and our beautiful landscape. The inspiration is all around us.
4. Who is your style icon?
South African Dj, Dj Zinhle, as well as Former Miss South Africa Jo-Anne Strauss.
5. Have you met anyone interesting/famous on your blogging journey?
I’ve had the opportunity to meet some amazing South African entertainers, musicians and fellow bloggers too. One of my highlights so far would be having the opportunity to meet the sensational Tamara Dey.
6. What is your favourite beauty/fashion magazine?
7. What are some of your current fashion and beauty obsessions?
I love anything denim. From jeans, jackets and skirts to bags. If it’s denim then I Iove it. 😀
8. Who is your celebrity crush?
That would be a tie between Zac Efron and Channing Tatum
9. Coffee or tea?
10. Heels? Or flats?
BOTH! Depending on the occasion. 😉
11. What are your go to beauty products?
Rimmel London Mascara and Lipgloss
12. What is the one thing you will never leave the house without?
My Labello Vanilla Buttercream Lip Balm
13. How many tattoos do you have? And what do they mean?
None as yet.
14. What is your favourite quote?
“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
15. What is one thing your readers would be surprised to hear about you?
I am not a fan of crawling insects. Just the sight of a spider makes my skin crawl.
16. What would you say is your biggest blogging challenge, and how do you overcome it?
Challenge: Getting readers to read my blog posts and getting subscribers as well.
Solution: By producing great content and sticking to my niche, this is what readers love about my work and keeps them coming back. By supporting other bloggers and reading their work I’ve built some wonderful and supportive friendships. We support each other and give any advice when needed. The blogging community really is one big family.
17. What advice would you give someone who wants to start a blog?
– Start a blog because you want to and not because other people are doing it.
– Find a Niche. Find something you love and are passionate about. Let this be your niche.
– Be your Authentic self. Let your personality shine through your work. This will give your readers a sense of who you are and they will love you for it.
*Thank you Taryn for appearing in this guest post.