Have you ever found yourself thinking the most serendipitous of thoughts after settling down after a long day with some ginger and mint tea?
Well, I’m in my early 20s and this is it for me – except it will not always be tea. I am a culturally confused American born Nigerian-Zulu, so some days it will be matter pondered over hot chocolate and other days, it will be thoughts thought of over something a little stronger.
1. How did you first get into blogging?
It was an encouraging nudge from my lecturers and friends. I'm always going through the most random things in life and happen to write about it. What made it real was when a mate said " dude, please blog because I always miss your Facebook posts - if you have it all in one place it would be perfect ". I was like ah, make sense .
2. How often do you blog?
I'm still new at it, so I write everyday, but I post maybe once a month? I'm still nervous.
3. Where do you find inspiration to blog?
Everywhere. This mind sound creepy, but I love to listen to the conversations other people have when I'm travelling. Sometimes I people watch, but my favorite it hanging out with toddlers and foreigners. They just see things SO differently. And bakeries. Coz you can't absorb inspiration on a hungry stomach, now can you ?
4. Who is your style icon?
I wish I lived up to it, but I'd definitely go with Angelina Jolie or Sade. They are so timeless and effortless - if I could exude that kind of grace, I'd be happy(er).
5. Have you met anyone interesting/famous on your blogging journey?
Not because of blogging. I've met a couple of really cool (and famous) people because I hostess alot. Like, ALOT.
6. What is your favourite beauty/fashion magazine?
Elle. Again, I wish it reflected in my actual dressing
7. What are some of your current fashion and beauty obsessions?
This red / orange eyeshadow going on - I LOVE IT. it looks so good on all skin tones and as a dark skinned girl, color can be a dodge thing for me. This wet eyeshadow look though, I'm all for it. All day everyday. Even to bed. Gotta impress myself when I wake up - like " damn girl, you woke up like that ?". That's how much I like it.
8. Who is your celebrity crush?
Antonio Banderas. Or Barack Obama. So Suave ❤
9. Coffee or tea?
Tea. No dispute whatsoever.
10. Favourite Olsen?
Which one is the tom boy one ?
11. Heels? Or flats?
Both. Heels provide that extra vibe - and as a 1.69m hun, sometimes that extra height is great for dominating the world
But flats though, they're amazing. I dress for practicality so I wear flats more often.
12. Favourite MAC Lipstick colour?
Is it okay that I don't have one?
13. What are your go to beauty products?
Honey beeswax balm for anything!
14. What is the one thing you will never leave the house without?
Lip ice. Or my phone. One of the two.
15. How many tattoos do you have? And what do they mean?
None at all:)
16. What is your favourite quote?
" Don't raise your voice, improve your argument "
17. What is one thing your readers would be surprised to hear about you?
I have a lithp (lisp).
18. Who is your favourite local (South African) blogger?
19. What would you say is your biggest blogging challenge, and how do you overcome it?
Keeping to a content calendar. Sometimes I'll plan in advance, and then all of a sudden something I think is way more fitting comes up which affects the rest of my theme. Or actually posting. Which did I drift so far, actually posting consistently is quite hard.
I set blogging for the weekends for when I am actually out on the town. At the end of the month I'll decide on my content as opposed to in the beginning.
20. What advice would you give someone who wants to start a blog?
Do it. And take really good high resolution pictures because 45% of your attention comes from good pictures.
*Thank you Chi Chi for appearing in this guest feature.