ABOUT MYCAILA: Cape Tonian born and bred, now married and a mum, living in Scotland. I blog about being a mum, my postpartum fitness journey, pregnancy, lifestyle and occasionally beauty. I try to put a humoristic twist on things and try to make things as relatable as possible. Im a down to earth kind of gal and love all fur babies as much as my own.
1. How did you first get into blogging?
I first got into blogging through wanting to share my updates on weight loss and fitness to possibly help and inspire others. I started sharing healthy recipes and weight updates, which branched into beauty blogging, and then pregnancy blogging when I fell pregnant, and NOW I'm blogging about all of those things, PLUS mummy blogging and mu post party weightless journey.
2. How often do you blog?
I aim to try and blog about 2 times per week with new posts, Instagram is daily. Long captions count as a blog post right?
3. Where do you find inspiration to blog?
Through other bloggers who blog about similar things. I also find writing as a release which is rewarding in that sense, There are some days where trying to write a blog post is impossible (writers block) and other days where i could write 5 posts in a day!
4. Who is your style icon?
Definitely Lauren Conrad.
5. Have you met anyone interesting/famous on your blogging journey?
I have met Kayla Itsines before - she is LOVELY and so sweet!
6. What is your favourite beauty/fashion magazine?
7. What are some of your current fashion and beauty obsessions?
I'm currently loving Hey gorgeous's Vitamin C range (anti- aging, HELLO) and really feeling the whole oversized coats, jackets, cardigans etc.
8. Who is your celebrity crush?
Does my husband count? Kidding - defos Ryan Eggold after watching The Blacklist
9. Coffee or tea?
10. Favourite Olsen?
11. Heels? Or flats?
Flats, now that I'm a mum
12. Favourite MAC Lipstick colour?
Velvet Teddy (still obsessed)
13. What are your go to beauty products?
Garnier BB Cream and my MAC Boldly Bare Lip pencil
14. What is the one thing you will never leave the house without?
My child 🙂
15. How many tattoos do you have? And what do they mean?
None - although I have always wanted one.
16. What is your favourite quote?
Everything happens for a reason - as cliche as that may sound.
17. What is one thing your readers would be surprised to hear about you?
I'm an animal lover, through and through.
18. Who is your favourite local (South African) blogger?
My bestie - Rayne Alexander (makeitraynex.com)
19. What would you say is your biggest blogging challenge, and how do you overcome it?
Managing my time to actually blog with a 6 month old on my hip all day. When she naps - I blog.
20. What advice would you give someone who wants to start a blog?
Don't start a blog if you aren't 100% about what you want to blog about, otherwise thumb sucking content will become very tedious. Also, if you are starting a blog - go out in full force. Be kind. Be supportive. Always credit photographers.
*Thank you Mycaila, for appearing in this guest interview.