I spent forever researching cute ways to ask my 2 bridesmaids to be part of the wedding party. There were so many ideas to choose from and so I just decided to combine them all and make a hamper. With the hamper, you can customize it for each bridesmaid with anything that you want or that might be special between them and yourself. The great thing about a hamper is that you can make it anything that you want to make it.
This is what I put into the hampers that I created:
- Bath Salts
- Hand Cream
- Bath and Shower Cream
- Nail Polish
- Lip Gloss
- Hair Ties
- Box Filler (to fill the box – I used straw)
- 3 different colour ribbons to tie the box
I spent a whole day shopping for everything that I needed for the gifts I used to pop the question to my bridesmaids. I travelled to about 4 different shops in order to buy everything that I needed. Now, there are ways that you can do this all at one shop to make things easier but then you could be like me and make the whole process complicated, and drag your fiancé along with you saying that his opinion is important on this matter – not really, but they don’t need to know that! 😉
The box that I bought I had to fold and build myself. This is surprisingly difficult so I really advise that you buy a premade box! After folding the box, I filled it with straw. I used the straw as a bed to place all of the items on and to fill the box – because there are a lot of small items there is bound to be empty spaces around them, and this is where the straw comes into play.
If you have bought anything that is in box or in packaging that you don’t want in the box, or even things that need to repackaged. Once I unpacked everything, it was time to pack the items into the gift box.
I have 2 bridesmaid and each girl has been gifted with 2 different colour-themed boxes. I wanted to give each bridesmaid sweets, and decided to decant the sweets into a jar that matched the colour-theme of the box.
Here are the items that I bought and the reasons that I bought them. Remember that you don’t have to use what I have used, the great thing about the hamper is that you can customize it for yourself and your bridesmaids.Bath Salts – I bought this for the girls so that they can pamper themselves.
- Hand Cream – I love myself a little handcream, and always have some in my handbag, so I thought it would be special to give them some as well.
- Bath and Shower Cream – This again, is for all the pampering that I will need the girls to do. If I become bridezilla they are going to need all the relaxing time they can get.
- Soap – Again, I come back to the pampering!
- Candle – The candle to help create the perfect pampering atmosphere!
- Nail Polish – I gave this to my girls because they will need to be ‘polished’ for the day. Get it, huh huh? 😉
- Lip Gloss – I obviously love my makeup and never go anywhere without a good lipgloss or lipstick and so I bought my girls a lipgloss that would go perfectly with their dresses on the day.
- Hair Ties – There may be moments where my girls are going to have to tie their hair up and get the job done!
- Notepad – I will probably be barking orders at my girls and they might need to keep track of the tasks I give them so I gave them a notepad to make sure that they can write everything down.
- Pen – a pen just in case my girls give me the excuse of not being able to write things down because they don’t have a pen. I’ve got their back! 😉
- Jar of sweets – We all need a little chocolate in our lives, and I love my chocolate so I decided to share some chocolate with them!
Packing the box is all trial and error. You will have to move things around the box until you are happy with how everything is laid out.
Enjoy the process of preparing your hampers for your bridesmaids! It is fun and exciting and actually giving the gift to your girls is so magical and fulfilling! I would love to do it all over again!