The Boldest Type is the brainchild of Claire Henderson, and was established (seriously) in mid-2016.
Stemming from her love of writing about everything she is attracted to and interested in, The Boldest Type is a place where she can talk about and express her feelings about the topics she is so passionate about.
The Boldest Type got its name from Claire's desire to be bold and stand out, even though she is an introvert through and through.
1. How did you first get into blogging?
After I changed jobs, I was no longer writing. Instead I was editing, and wanted to find a new way to continue to express my creativity and thoughts through my writing, so I started a blog.
2. How often do you blog?
2 - 3 times a week.
3. Where do you find inspiration to blog?
I write about topics, products and places that interest and inspire me.
4. Who is your style icon?
To be completely honest, I don't have one. I tend to dress the way I want to without very much inspiration from anyone. I don't follow fashion trends and I put on whatever makes me feel good that day as that is what is important to me.
5. Have you met anyone interesting/famous on your blogging journey?
6. What is your favourite beauty/fashion magazine?
I love, love, love i-D. It's fashion, culture and so much more, all wrapped into one.
7. What are some of your current fashion and beauty obsessions?
My current fashion obsessions are my pearl necklace that my wife bought me for our wedding day, my leather jacket (which I have had for years but I will always be obsessed with) and my vellies. My current beauty obsessions are my Benefit Rollerlash mascara and gold glitter liquid eyeliner.
8. Who is your celebrity crush?
9. Coffee or tea?
Tea, always tea.
10. Favourite Olsen?
11. Heels? Or flats?
Flats. Heels sometimes, but I always have flats in my bag.
12. Favourite MAC Lipstick colour?
13. What are your go to beauty products?
Medium-coverage foundation, liquid eyeliner and a good mascara.
14. What is the one thing you will never leave the house without?
15. How many tattoos do you have? And what do they mean?
3. I have an infinity sign, a quote: "Because you're you', and a flowering heart with butterflies.
16. What is your favourite quote?
Everything happens for a reason
17. What is one thing your readers would be surprised to hear about you?
I eat a slab of chocolate in one sitting. I started roller derby a year ago.
18. Who is your favourite local (South African) blogger?
I have a few! Cupcakemummy, Tech Girl, Caffeine and Fairydust, 3 kids, 2 dogs and 1 old house, and so many more.
19. What would you say is your biggest blogging challenge, and how do you overcome it?
I would say my biggest blogging challenge is growing my audience. To overcome this I am continuing to write good quality content that my readers enjoy.
20. What advice would you give someone who wants to start a blog?
Write about what interests you, and support/meet other local bloggers.
*Thank you Claire for appearing in this guest article.