The Power of Make Up is an important message. It’s not one that should be taken lightly, especially with today’s judgemental society. Thanks to NikkieTutorials on YouTube, who unknowingly created this beautiful movement, ladies and gentlemen alike can share their pictures to support this movement.
I wear make up, and I love to do so.
I don’t wear it to hide any of my imperfections (although it is rather handy), nor to impress others, even though people think I do. I wear make up because I love it. I love the idea of being able to sculpt my face, the idea of being able to change the colour of my lips, the idea of changing the shape of my eye. It’s considered an art.
“Make up is a means of expression. It’s not about covering your flaws, but showing the world who you are.” – Urban Decay.
I share my make up skills on YouTube because I enjoy it, and not because of any form of vanity but for those who ask me to show them how to create a look that I have decided to wear for that day. The videos are educational. Go and watch a few here.
I am comfortable enough to go out with no make up on and my hair in a top knot. My acne breakouts don’t discourage me from showing the raw me. I also cannot help the fact that I have dark under eye circles, they are caused from a mineral deficiency in my body. Both of these imperfections are natural and they should never cause anyone to feel self conscious about themselves. You should be as confident without make up as what you are when you have make up on.
For those of you who are interested in the products that I used to create my Power of Make Up tag, I have listed them below. I have also taken a close up picture of the eye make up that I created for the movement. I choose to do a dark and dramatic smokey eye to make the look stand out.
The products that I used for this entire look are as follows:
- Catrice Prime and Fine Anti-Red Base
- Catrice Even Skin Tone Beautifying Foundation in 005 Even Ivory
- Catrice Liquid Camouflage High Coverage Concealer 010
- Catrice All Matt Plus Shine Control Powder in 010 Transparent
- Essence Compact powder in 09 Soft Tan
- The Body Shop Blush in 02 Ginger
- MAC Mineralized Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle
- Urban Decay Brow Box in Honey Pot
- Urban Decay Eye Primer Potion Original
- Urban Decay Naked Smokey palette – colours Dirty Sweet, Black Market, Smolder, Whiskey, and Combust
- Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner
- Too Faced Better than Sex Mascara
- Rimmel Exaggerate Eye Liner in 261 Nior
- Essence Lip Liner in 11 In the Nude
- Urban Decay Lipstick in Native
Now go out there and be confident… Just be YOU! ❤